Has your personal Yoga practice changed your life in a significant way and do you wish to share and inspire others to follow the same path? We were there once too and are proud to offer you the opportunity to train with our dedicated team of teachers to become a Registered Yoga Teacher.
In our 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training we will provide you with the foundations needed to build a career as a Yoga teacher. Our training is also very well suited for those students who do not wish to teach, but have the desire to deepen their own understanding and practice of Yoga. This Yoga Alliance approved training will prepare you to teach and practice intelligently, safely, and with confidence. We will discuss Yoga history and philosophy, dive deep into the world of Yoga Anatomy, and practice hands on technique as we immerse ourselves into a comprehensive study of Asana and movement. Over the course of three and a half months and upon completion of the full 200 hours you will have gained the knowledge, awareness, and confidence to step into the roll as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
Ekam Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training Curriculum
Yoga Methods, Teaching Styles, Techniques and Practice
- Learning and understanding the foundations of Asana; exploring alternative approaches for a wide range of students
- Developing the vocabulary and vision needed to provide mindful instruction, correction, and the utilization of hands on adjustments
- Learning, understanding and applying Yoga methods such as Pranayama, Meditation, Kriyas, Bandhas, Chanting and other traditional Yogic practices
- Designing and implementing successful and intelligent sequences for a range of Yoga styles
- Developing your voice and communication in the role of a teacher
- Developing and expressing your personal teaching philosophies in a harmonious and effective manner
- Addressing the needs of individuals in large group settings
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting
- Teaching styles such as Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Hatha, Yin, Restorative, Senior, Pre/Post Natal and more
- Your role as a teacher and the student/teacher relationship
- Qualities of an effective teacher
- The student learning process
Anatomy and Physiology
- The study of the physical, subtle and physiological bodies
- Discussion and demonstration of modifications and assists to prevent injury due to misalignment or excess strain
- Discussion of how to assist in the rehabilitation of students returning to Yoga after injury or illness
- Body systems
- Chakras and Nadis
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics
- In depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the 8 Limbed Path
- Yoga History in the East and West
- In depth discussion and living the Yamas and Niyamas
- Ayurvedic living - Learning your Dosha
- Step into the lead teaching role and teach a short class to your peers and instructors
- Design and teach intelligent, creative and safe sequences
- Observe your peers while they teach
- Provide and accept constructive feedback and suggestion
The Business of Yoga
- Understand the business of Yoga from a local and global perspective
- Learn the legal requirements you are responsible for as well as what Yoga studio's are responsible for
- Branding, Marketing and Social Media for Yoga teachers
- Building your student following
- Yoga Alliance registration
- Continuing Education
Teacher Training Schedule
September 13, 2017 - December 10, 2017
Every Wednesday evening 06:00pm* - 10:00pm
Fridays 05:30pm* - 10:00pm - Dates: 9/15, 10/13, 11/10, 12/1 (one per month)
Every Saturday Afternoon 12:00pm - 6:30pm
Sundays 10:30am* - 05:30pm - Dates: 9/17, 9/24, 10/15, 10/22, 11/12, 11/19, 12/3, 12/10 (two per month)
Graduation Celebration and Dinner Sunday December 10, 2017
*Indicates that this training session begins with a mandatory 75 minute regularly scheduled class.
Teacher Training Tuition
Early-Bird pricing available through July 1, 2011 - $2,950.00
Pricing after July 1, 2017 - $3,250.00
- A $500 non-refundable deposit secures your place.
- Payment plans can be executed to cover the balance of tuition owed.
- Full tuition must be paid by August 13, 2017.
- Tuition is refundable (less the non-refundable deposit) in the following scenarios:
- 100% - Before September 13, 2017
- 75% - September 13 through September 27, 2017
- 50% - September 27 through October 11, 2017
- No refunds will be granted after October 11, 2017
Tuition includes all teaching hours, retreats, and manuals. A 20% discount on class cards for additional class attendance is extended for the duration of the training.
Teacher Training Requirements
In order to receive completion and registration with Yoga Alliance, students must complete the required 200 hours of training including the following:
- Pass periodic exams, practical evaluations, and written assignments.
- Maintain a regular Yoga practice - partake, observe, and assist during the three classes per week that start each of the sessions (Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday; see schedule above).
Absences are highly discouraged as make up dates may not be available and punctuality to all classes, lectures, workshops and training hours is required. Ekam Yoga and Wellness is not responsible for providing students opportunities to make up lost time outside of regular class or training hours. Training completion and registration will not be given nor reimbursement of tuition in the case that a student has multiple absences or does not meet all requirements stated and explained upon acceptance and enrollment. Additional criteria will be discussed at the time of acceptance and signing of the Ekam Yoga and Wellness Teacher Training Contract .
Please click the button below to send us an email expressing your interest in our teacher training. Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you are interested in becoming a Yoga Teacher or if you only wish to deepen your personal practice. We will send you an application and invite you into the studio for a conversation or arrange a phone or skype call.
We thank you for your interest in our Teacher Training program. We look forward to embarking on a wonderful journey with you.