Has your personal Yoga practice changed your life in a significant way and do you wish to share and inspire others to follow the same path? We were there once too and are proud to offer you the opportunity to train with our dedicated team of teachers to become a Registered Yoga Teacher.
In our 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training we will provide you with the foundations needed to build a career as a Yoga teacher. Our training is also very well suited for those students who do not wish to teach, but have the desire to deepen their own understanding and practice of Yoga. This Yoga Alliance approved training will prepare you to teach and practice intelligently, safely, and with confidence. We will discuss Yoga history and philosophy, dive deep into the world of Yoga Anatomy, and practice hands on technique as we immerse ourselves into a comprehensive study of Asana and movement. Over the course of three and a half months and upon completion of the full 200 hours you will have gained the knowledge, awareness, and confidence to step into the roll as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
Registration now open for Spring 2018 Session
Ekam Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training Curriculum
Yoga Methods, Teaching Styles, Techniques and Practice
- Learning and understanding the foundations of Asana; exploring alternative approaches for a wide range of students
- Developing the vocabulary and vision needed to provide mindful instruction, correction, and the utilization of hands on adjustments
- Learning, understanding and applying Yoga methods such as Pranayama, Meditation, Kriyas, Bandhas, Chanting and other traditional Yogic practices
- Designing and implementing successful and intelligent sequences for a range of Yoga styles
- Developing your voice and communication in the role of a teacher
- Developing and expressing your personal teaching philosophies in a harmonious and effective manner
- Addressing the needs of individuals in large group settings
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting
- Teaching styles such as Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Hatha, Yin, Restorative, Senior, Pre/Post Natal and more
- Your role as a teacher and the student/teacher relationship
- Qualities of an effective teacher
- The student learning process
Anatomy and Physiology
- The study of the physical, subtle and physiological bodies
- Discussion and demonstration of modifications and assists to prevent injury due to misalignment or excess strain
- Discussion of how to assist in the rehabilitation of students returning to Yoga after injury or illness
- Body systems
- Chakras and Nadis
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics
- In depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the 8 Limbed Path
- Yoga History in the East and West
- In depth discussion and living the Yamas and Niyamas
- Ayurvedic living - Learning your Dosha
- Step into the lead teaching role and teach a short class to your peers and instructors
- Design and teach intelligent, creative and safe sequences
- Observe your peers while they teach
- Provide and accept constructive feedback and suggestion
The Business of Yoga
- Understand the business of Yoga from a local and global perspective
- Learn the legal requirements you are responsible for as well as what Yoga studio's are responsible for
- Branding, Marketing and Social Media for Yoga teachers
- Building your student following
- Yoga Alliance registration
- Continuing Education
Teacher Training Schedule
Our Spring 2018 200 Hour Teacher Training program will begin on Wednesday March 7 and conclude on Saturday June 16 2018.
The specific dates and times are:
- Every Wednesday and Friday evening: 6:00pm - 10:00pm**
- Saturday Sessions (approx. two per month) will be held on the following dates from 12:00pm - 6:30pm: 3/10, 3/17, 4/7, 4/14, 5/5, 5/12, 6/2, 6/9, 6/16 (graduation)
- Sunday Sessions (approx. two per month) will be held on the following dates from 12:00pm - 6:30pm: 3/11, 3/18, 4/8, 4/15, 5/6, 6/3, 6/10
** Wednesday and Friday training sessions begin with a regularly scheduled 75 minute Vinyasa class. Teacher Trainees are required to attend (at least) one additional class of their choice every week, totaling three studio classes per week for the duration of the training. These classes are covered in the training tuition.
Teacher Training Tuition
Early-Bird tuition $2,950.00 - For registration before January 15 2018
Tuition - $3,250.00 - For registration January 16 - March 7 2018
Tuition includes all teaching hours, three required studio classes per week, retreats, and manuals. Tuition does not include required reading materials (Anatomy book and Yoga Sutra book), meals, transportation, and workshop fees outside of the instruction times.
We realize that a Teacher Training is is significant investment for you. Payment plans are available to accommodate many financial situations.
Teacher Training Requirements
In order to receive completion and registration with Yoga Alliance, students must complete the required 200 hours of training including the following:
- Pass periodic exams, practical evaluations, and written assignments.
- Maintain a regular Yoga practice (three classes per week minimum at Ekam Yoga and Wellness and/or Ashtanga Yoga Napa Valley)
Absences are highly discouraged as make up dates may not be available and punctuality to all classes, lectures, workshops and training hours is required. Ekam Yoga and Wellness is not responsible for providing students opportunities to make up lost time outside of regular class or training hours. Training completion and registration will not be given nor reimbursement of tuition in the case that a student has multiple absences or does not meet all requirements stated and explained upon acceptance and enrollment. Additional criteria will be discussed at the time of acceptance and signing of the Ekam Yoga and Wellness Teacher Training Contract .
Please click the button below to send us an email expressing your interest in our teacher training. Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you are interested in becoming a Yoga Teacher or if you only wish to deepen your personal practice. We will send you an application and invite you into the studio for a conversation or arrange a phone or skype call.
We thank you for your interest in our Teacher Training program. We look forward to embarking on a wonderful journey with you.